Monday, January 28, 2013

Reading journal and shadow lesson

Tonight we started bedtime by learning how to do shadow dinosaurs :). We went into a dark room and used a flashlight to make shadows on the wall.  The handout in the picture is from the Dinosaur Train PBS lessons.

After learning about shadows, little one finished getting ready for bed and snuggled in for his bedtime story.  We are working on the original "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum.  Tonight we read the major climatic scene where Dorothy threw the bucket of water on the wicked witch.  LO was fascinated! :). 

After reading the scene I had LO draw in his new reading journal.  I attached a picture of his journal entry from tonight.  I bought a basic primary composition book at Walmart the other day for this purpose.  My theory is that LO will complete an entry for every book we read.

Another thing I did today was that I downloaded a blogger app on my phone so this blog entry and the previous one were posted from my phone :). I am hoping this will make it easier for me to update this blog more often.  Although I am getting tired of typing all this on my tiny phone keyboard ;).  And I can load the pictures directly from my phone to the blog :). Yeah!  Happy blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment