Here are some pictures of what we did :)
1. This is a picture of the Magic School Bus directions and of LO going through the kit with his daddy. My husband was willing to do most of the kit with LO but didn't want to do the volcano building part. He said that was a little beyond his crafting ability ;)
2. Here is LO making the paper mache volcano. This is the first time we have ever done paper mache. LO had a lot of fun :) The paper mache material is just flour and water. We dipped strips of newspaper into the bowl and then put them on the construction paper. Under the construction paper is around a plastic bottle.
3. After our paper mache volcano dried overnight, we got to work with the explosions :) Since it had a relatively big bottle inside, it took quite a while for us to get it to "explode". LO experimented with different amounts of baking soda, water, vinegar, and food coloring. We used a funnel to help guide the materials into the bottle.
4. Here is a video (partly shot by LO) of the volcano experiment :)
5. And here is little one saying "VOLCANO!!!"