Friday, May 31, 2013

Music with Water

I saw this activity on TeachingMama.org and thought "I have to try this with my son!" It just looked like so much fun!  And it was soooo easy to do! :) 

Here is the link to her blog post: http://teachingmama.org/water-xylophone/

I already had Mason jars sitting in my kitchen.  I filled them up with water (different depths) and got out the food coloring.  That is literally all you need to do this fun activity :)

Here are the pictures :)

I had 5 available jars and only 4 colors of food coloring.  So I mixed the blue and red to make a purple.  This  became a discussion on mixing colors for LO along with the actual music discussion that I had planned. :)  I love when that happens!




2 comments:

  1. I love how curious he is!! He is really adorable. You did a good job and I loved how your husband helped teach, too! Thanks, Cheryl for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - Thanks! :) My husband does get involved with our homeschooling, which is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete